Synapse specializes in analysis of economic and environmental policies that lead to sustainable, efficient, and equitable energy use. We provide research, testimony, reports, and regulatory support to a wide variety of clients, including state and federal agencies and environmental organizations.
We seek critical thinkers who are thorough, proactive, pleasant to work with, and who love to dig into interesting, complex, world-improving research and analysis.
Synapse currently has openings for the positions below. Click on the position to read the job description and application requirements.
- Transmission & Distribution Engineer
- Senior Electricity Systems Planner
- Electricity Systems Planner
- Winter/Spring Intern
Synapse is also looking for an Economist (Senior or Principal Level) meeting or exceeding the following requirements:
- Master's Degree or Doctorate in Economics
- A strong desire to work on behalf of public interest clients in improving energy planning and policy
- 3+ years of experience in the energy sector
- Experience with IMPLAN (preferred but not required)
Please submit a resume here.
Don't see an open position for you? We are always open to hearing from exceptional candidates with various levels of experience, including seasoned professionals seeking a new opportunity. Resumes may be submitted via this form.
Please note: Due to the volume of applications we receive, we might not be able to respond to all the highly qualified people who contact us. Thank you for your interest.
Please direct all career-related questions to Erin Ash at firstname.lastname@example.org.