Synapse at a Glance
To make meaningful progress addressing climate change and achieving energy, economic, environmental, and equity goals through innovative research and independent technical analysis. And to thoroughly enjoy our work by fostering a respectful, collaborative, diverse, engaging, creative, and fulfilling working experience.
Learn more about Synapse's mission and core values.
Rigorous, transparent, and responsive. We do not work in silos; analyses are critiqued by experts across the firm to produce robust, highly defensible work products that benefit from multiple perspectives and many decades of experience in electric sector regulation. When you hire Synapse, you hire our whole team.
Where We Work
- U.S. states. Since 1996, we've worked in nearly every U.S. state and in Washington, D.C.
- RTOs and ISOs. We've worked in ISO-NE, NYISO, MISO, PJM, ERCOT, and CAISO
- At the national level. For U.S. EPA, U.S. DOJ, and other clients
- Canada. For clients in Nova Scotia, Ontario, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, and other provinces
- Internationally. For clients such as the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, the Global Environment Facility, and the International Joint Commission
Founder & CEO
Jean Ann Ramey
Cambridge, MA. View directions.
View additional contact information.