Digital Communications Associate
If you are passionate about spreading the word in support of better energy and environmental decision-making, Synapse Energy Economics is the place for you! We are a research and consulting firm specializing in economic and policy research, modeling, and analysis to provide energy sector and climate solutions. Our work supports a broad range of public interest clients, including consumer advocates, environmental organizations, regulatory commissions, and state and federal agencies. Synapse produces expert reports and data analysis for these clients and represents their technical interests in state and federal regulatory proceedings.
Synapse places great value on our staff. We are a high-energy, forward‐thinking, collaborative group with a real passion for the public interest and sustainability.
Working with head of the Communications team, the Digital Communications Associate will plan and implement external and internal communications under the guidance of the Marketing and Proposal Manager and as part of the broader Operations team.
- Social media strategy and implementation: Build, plan, execute, and evaluate a number of different social media strategies, including for Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and other platforms.
- External communications initiatives: Manage content calendar for written and digital content. Plan and implement external newsletter 1-2 times per month. Provide technical support for webinars as needed. Ensure quality, clarity, and consistency of all digital content created and shared through websites, email, and social media marketing programs.
- Company video blog: Manage and coordinate company video blog initiative, oversee production vendor, promote through social media outlets, and track performance.
- Track metrics from communications initiatives, integrating industry best practices and trends.
- Internal communications initiatives: Content planning and creation for weekly internal newsletter. Implement this and other staff communications with creativity, consistency, and clarity.
- Marketing collaterals: Collect and/or develop, edit, and format marketing materials such as company qualifications, staff bios, and staff resumes.
- Website content and maintenance: Update content, draft/edit blogs, create and post homepage banners, and coordinate with website vendor on maintenance and improvements. Collaborate with marketing manager on website strategy.
- Special projects: Assisting the Marketing and Proposal Manager with special projects such as training staff members on communications protocols and producing the annual holiday card.
- Operations support: Assist with general Operations tasks as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, digital media, or related field
- 2-4 years of related digital communications experience (social media, website, online communication design/development, copywriting)
- A demonstrable passion for working on important topics related to energy, the climate, and the environment
- Project management experience leading projects from start to finish
- Exceptional organization, grammar, proofreading, and spelling abilities
- Experience monitoring and analyzing email, social media, and website metrics; compile data and run analyses for campaigns and delivered work
- Attention to detail with a keen eye for process improvement opportunities
- High proficiency in social media outlets including, but not limited to, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram
- Comfort working with senior management
- Experience collaborating across departments to implement feedback, innovate on strategies, and help develop best practices
- Strong personal accountability and commitment to meeting deadlines
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with CRM products, particularly Salesforce
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent, as well as Google Analytics
- Experience enhancing the readability of technical writing
- Opportunities to work with established experts on cutting‐edge policy on behalf of public interest clients dedicated to consumer welfare and the environment
- Support for employees’ professional and career development
- A team-based collegial work environment where we strive to balance work, personal life, and community involvement
- Flexible work hours and environment
If you are passionate about communications, enjoy a diverse and fast-paced environment, and love the thrill of pursuing meaningful and important work, this is a great career opportunity for you.
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a culturally diverse company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and individuals from the LGBTIQ community.
To apply, please upload your resume and cover letter to this form. This position is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Local candidates preferred.