Synapse Energy Economics a research and consulting firm specializing in economic and policy research, modeling, and analysis to provide electric sector solutions. Our work supports a broad range of public interest clients, including consumer advocates, environmental organizations, regulatory commissions, and state and federal agencies. Synapse produces expert reports and analysis for these clients and represents their technical interests in state and federal regulatory proceedings.
Synapse Energy Economics is seeking an Operations Associate with communication and organizational skills and an eagerness to adapt to changing office systems and upgrades. Candidates should have experience with Salesforce, operations, HR, office administration, teamwork, Microsoft Office, and a commitment to public interest issues such as sustainability and environmental justice.
The Operations Associate is a member of the Operations Team, reporting to the Operations Manager and supporting all of Operations. This person will be an integral part of the Operations team and will be expected to support and cover other Operations staff and office administration tasks as needed.
- Serve as administrator for IT systems and our Salesforce platform
- Provide data entry, build and generate reports and dashboards, adjust settings, propose improvements, and provide other admin support to customize our Salesforce platform
- Triage IT issues to vendor and help desk, track and manage issues to resolution
Human Resources Support
- Support recruiting and hiring by communicating with candidates, scheduling interviews, reviewing resumes, following up with candidates, and arranging travel logistics as needed
- Assist Hiring Committee by providing support, organizing meetings, advertising positions, etc.
- Support the annual review and feedback process as well as employee onboarding and offboarding
- Additional HR support as needed
- Support project managers in navigating the project process
- Contract coordination, project setup and maintenance
- Support our monthly resource planning process
- Facilitate subcontracting process
- Coordinate with the building management
- Support consulting staff with operational and administrative tasks
- Sort, deliver, and organize mail, purchase office supplies, and provide additional office support as needed
- Support operations initiatives
Mindset, Work Environment, and Skills
This is a full-time, non-exempt position, required to be primarily performed on-site during normal business hours (special accommodations apply during the COVID-19 pandemic). There will be times when working outside of the normal schedule is required. In addition, the position will:
- Actively build and contribute toward a collaborative Synapse community
- Contribute towards a respectful, open, innovative, high-performance work environment reflecting a collaborative team-based culture, and a service mindset
- Bachelor’s Degree, Associates Degree, or relevant certification courses
- Salesforce Admin experience or certification
- Proficiency in relevant office software with an ability and eagerness to adapt to changing systems and new technologies
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Ability and eagerness to adapt to changing systems and new technologies
- Effective communication skills required, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail and efficient processes
- High level of sensitivity to confidentiality and sound judgment
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to relay confidential information and communicate policies and procedures
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- May require moving equipment, supplies, tables, chairs, and other office items weighing up to 30 pounds for events and general business needs
Preferred Qualifications (not required):
- Salesforce Admin Certification
- Contract management and contracting process experience
- Work experience in Human Resources (HR)
- A team-based collegial work environment where we strive to balance work, personal life, and community involvement.
- A changing office environment – no two days are the same.
- We value thought leadership, creativity, innovation, process improvement, people leadership, and personal ownership. Our goal is to thrive in a highly collaborative and flexible team environment.
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a culturally diverse company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and individuals from the LGBTIQ community.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter (PDF preferred) to this form. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. This is a full-time position located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Only local candidates will be considered.
Please direct all career-related questions to Erin Ash at firstname.lastname@example.org.