If you are passionate about winning opportunities to improve energy and environmental decision-making, Synapse Energy Economics is the place for you! We are a research and consulting firm specializing in economic and policy research, modeling, and analysis to provide energy sector and climate solutions. Our work supports a broad range of public interest clients, including consumer advocates, environmental organizations, regulatory commissions, and state and federal agencies. Synapse produces expert reports and data analysis for these clients and represents their technical interests in state and federal regulatory proceedings.
Synapse places great value on our staff. We are a high-energy, forward‐thinking, collaborative group with a real passion for the public interest and sustainability.
If you are passionate about the proposal development process, enjoy a diverse and fast-paced environment, and love the thrill of pursuing meaningful and important work, this is a great career opportunity for you.
Working with head of the Communications team, the Proposal Coordinator will shepherd opportunities through the entire proposal process, from feasibility assessment through contracting, in tandem with consultants and other Operations staff. As part of Synapse’s Communications team, you would also support the production of Synapse work products and business development materials, including copy-editing and formatting.
- Coordinate opportunities including inspecting RFPs, coordinating feasibility assessments and approaches along with proposal leads, scheduling and tracking deadlines, onboarding subcontractors, and updating records
- Develop proposals in collaboration with proposal lead, populate templates, ensure RFP compliance, refine and review proposals, package and ship proposals
- Facilitate approvals and contracting, follow up on submitted proposals
- Continually refine and communicate proposal process
- Assist with preparing Synapse work products through meticulous copy-editing, formatting, desktop publishing, and light graphic design
- Develop, copy-edit, and format marketing materials such as templates, factsheets, webinars
- Help develop company presentations
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, communications, or related field
- 1-3 years of relevant industry work experience
- At least 1 year of proposal management or coordination experience with a focus on business processes
- Exceptional organization, grammar, proofreading, and spelling abilities
- Ability to multitask and prioritize critical tasks and conflicting requirements
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Powerpoint
- A strong desire to learn about our work improving energy planning and policy
- Ability to work and communicate well in teams
- Strong personal accountability and commitment to meeting deadlines
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM platform
- Familiarity with proposal creation software and/or proposal methodologies
- Experience enhancing the readability of technical writing
- Familiarity with the contracting process
- Experience with desktop publishing and creating basic visual elements (data visualization a plus)
- Opportunities to work with established experts on cutting‐edge policy on behalf of public interest clients dedicated to consumer welfare and the environment
- Support for employees’ professional and career development
- A team-based collegial work environment where we strive to balance work, personal life, and community involvement
- Flexible work hours and environment
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a culturally diverse company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and individuals from the LGBTIQ community.
To apply, please upload your resume and cover letter to the form found here. This position is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Please direct all questions about this job posting to Andrew Grandahl at firstname.lastname@example.org.