Synapse Energy Economics is a research and consulting firm specializing in energy, economic, and environmental topics with a focus on resource and policy issues in the electric industry. Our work supports a broad range of public‐interest clients, including consumer advocates, environmental organizations, regulatory commissions, and state and federal agencies. We place great value on the culture of our office; we are an energetic, forward‐thinking, collaborative and supportive group of professionals, with a passion for public interest and sustainability. We are located in Central Square in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Synapse Energy Economics is seeking an ambitious, articulate, and creative researcher with exceptional quantitative and writing skills. The ideal candidate has experience with IMPLAN. Candidates with a demonstrated commitment to public interest issues, such as sustainability, environmental justice, and consumer protection are preferred.
Job Description: The Research Intern will research and analyze data, programs, policies, and technologies related to energy efficiency, renewables, and/or electricity generation. A key focus will be on energy efficiency program data, analysis, and reporting. In addition, the Research Intern will run IMPLAN on a variety of projects.
- Perform analytical and research tasks under the supervision of project manager or other team members.
- Perform economic analysis, including cost-benefit analysis, of energy resources.
- Ability to develop and implement research strategies to support project and client needs.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel required.
- Experience with IMPLAN required.
- Excellent math and computer skills, including attention to detail related to unit conversions, discount rates, nominal and real dollars, and other economic principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in economics, engineering, environmental studies, or related field.
Communications and Client Relations Skills:
- Ability to work and communicate well with project managers and team members.
- Ability to manage complex tasks with competing priorities and time requirements.
- Ability to actively participate in client calls and working groups under supervision.
- Ability to actively participate in company-wide planning meetings and processes.
To apply, please fill out the form located here.
Please direct all questions about internships to Erin Ash at firstname.lastname@example.org.