About Our Clients
We're proud to serve a diverse client base that spans from local municipalities to federal agencies, and from grassroots environmental organizations to international conventions. We work with consumer advocates, foundations, private energy companies, law firms, non-government organizations, and other public interest groups.
Synapse work by client type
Based on awarded budgets over the past two years.
Examples of Our NGO Clients
Serving the public interest is a core value at Synapse. We work closely with (local and international) non-governmental organizations in pursuit of energy, economic, environmental, and equity goals.
- Environmental Defense Fund
- Friends of the Earth
- Natural Resources Defense Council
- Regulatory Assistance Project
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Sierra Club
- Southern Environmental Law Center
- The Utility Reform Network
Examples of Our Government Clients
Synapse has served a range of governmental clients, including federal agencies, municipalities, and state agencies across the United States.
- City of Boston, MA
- Hawaii Division of Consumer Advocacy
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners
- New England Governors’ Conference
- Office of the Illinois Attorney General
- Puerto Rico Energy Bureau
- Rhode Island Division of Public Utilities and Carriers
- Sandia National Laboratories
- U.S. Department of Energy
- U.S. Department of Justice
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Examples of Our International Clients
Our work isn’t limited to our shoreline. We collaborate with a variety of international clients working to improve environmental decision-making.
- Central Research Institute of Electric Power Industry, Japan
- Counsel to the Nova Scotia Utility & Review Board, Canada
- Environmental Defenders Office, Australia
- Prince Edward Island Regulatory & Appeals Commission, Canada
- Tokyo Gas, Japan
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
- World Bank Group
Examples of Our Private Sector Clients
Synapse collaborates with businesses and consulting firms to provide independent analysis on economic and environmental topics.
- Bloom Energy
- Eastern Research Group, Inc.
- Olson, Bzdok & Howard, P.C.
- PowerOptions, Inc.
- Whitt Law, LLC